What are the advantages of membership?
- organises in-service courses for teachers on history content and teaching methods.
- represents history teachers on the NCCA Course Committees and liases with the department of Education on behalf of history and history teaching.
- monitors and seeks improvements in history examination papers.
- organises lectures and quizzes for history students.
- publishes an annual journal, Stair, containing articles on history and history teaching methods and reviews of books relevant to history teachers.
- publishes a newsletter telling members of events relevant to history teachers.
To become a member, please download an application form below and return it to your nearest branch (details on form):
PGDE and retired teachers
Since the recent changes in the HTAI Constitution (AGM 2010), there are now two categories of membership:
Full membership which is open to those who pay the annual subscription to their Branch Treasurer. They are entitled to participate fully in the Association.
Associate membership which may be granted free to all those studying to be history teachers and to retired members of the Association. This entitles them to notices of meetings of their local branch.
We look forward to hearing from retired members who wish to remain associated with HTAI free of charge. They can do so by getting in touch with their local branch.